Sunday, November 23, 2014

Writing Style for Web Log, AKA BLOG

My experience with logs started with deck logs in the US Navy. Each entry starts with a time and a brief description of note.
That is what I need to do with this blog.
I have fallen into the habit on only posting lengthy, edited items.
This takes time, and results in many potential posts falling by the wayside, because they never get through the editing process.
I know from past experience with paper journals that insights can come and come again, without recognition that they are "old" insights, unless the record is checked.
Interesting to me, is that Karen Horney described this phenomena in one of her books, and she described the remedy to it. (Finding this remedy is left as an exercise for the interested reader.)
So hence forth my web log, will be more of a log, than a well written exposition.

No comments: