Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Review of Oracle PL/SQL Programming, 5th Edition

Originally submitted at O'Reilly

The definitive reference on PL/SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Programming, Fifth Edition, covers language fundamentals, advanced coding techniques, and best practices for using Oracle's powerful procedural language. Thoroughly updated for Oracle Database 11g Release 2, this edition reveals new ...


Excellent Book. XML a Little Brief

By Fred from Baltimore on 9/11/2012

 

4out of 5

Pros: Concise, Well-written, Easy to understand, Accurate, Helpful examples

Best Uses: Intermediate, Expert

Describe Yourself: Developer

I was eager to have the 5th edition, providing coverage through Oracle Database 11g Release 2. I have learned a lot from the previous editions of this book.

I quickly went to the XML discussion on page 426. I was hoping for a deeper discussion of XMLType. I was glad to see that the deprecated extractvalue function wasn't used in the example.

(legalese)

No comments: